UMBC is funded by MHEC to continue the TQC Program for its ninth year!
We are moving quickly to fill the 20 spaces that are available for the 2016-2017 preparation program. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are submitted.
Please read before starting the online application.
The online application must be completed in a single sitting. It is not possible to save the application to complete at a later time or date.
It should take 15 – 20 minutes to complete the online application, if all of your necessary materials are prepared.
To complete the online application you will need to have the following information available:
- Read over the questions on the six-page, Review Only TQC IX Application (2016) file in PDF format before beginning the actual online application (see below).
- Personal Statement, 300 words or less that describe:
- how participation in UMBC’s TQC program will benefit your science instruction;
- how you plan to use the chemistry knowledge and skills you will gain, and
- how committed you are to completing the entire, four-phase program.
The personal statement (file type .doc or .docx or .pdf.) must be uploaded as part of the online application.
The file name should be formatted as follows, LastName_TQCIX (ex. Doe_TQCIX).
- Contact Information for Employer Support
- Position title, E-mail and Phone number of LEA (Local Education Agency) OFFICIAL (i.e. Science Supervisor from school central office) must be submitted as part of the online application. All applications must receive LEA endorsement. Please contact the person whose information you provide to tell them they will receive an e-mail requesting his/her endorsement of your participation.
- Position title, E-mail and Phone number of a school supervisor (school supervisor or principal) must be submitted as part of the online application. All applications must receive a paragraph of support from a school supervisor. Please contact the person whose information you provide to tell them they will receive an e-mail requesting his/her endorsement of your participation.
- Availability for components of TQC IX. See Schedule for more details.
- Benefit Options. Select 1) Graduate Credit or 2) Stipend. See Benefits for more details.
After completing the online application you will need to:
- Submit official college transcripts from all attended institutions. Transcripts from non-US institutions are required to include certified degree reviews in English.
Transcripts should be sent to:
UMBC College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
Attn: Kathy Lee Sutphin – TQC
1000 Hilltop Circle, UC 116
Baltimore, MD 21250
- Garner support from LEA official and school supervisor. These individuals will be notified via e-mail with instructions to submit support once your online application is submitted.